Friday 30 March 2012

Is this right ?

For once, I haven't been procrastinating !! ... I've finally learned to FOCUS ! If I'd known how easy it was, I would have tried it years ago.

To be honest, at first, it felt a little bit like going on a diet ... forcing myself to procrastinate much less than usual and sulking when I couldn't while away some time achieving nothing much at all.

However, focusing soon became much more beneficial as my writing commission took over ~ if only I'd realised this before !

Face-book became my plain choccy digestives [banned - or one small one a day]
Twitter became my bread intake - try to leave it alone completely
Linked in reminded me of rice - you can sort-of live without it [apologies to Linkedin-ers] ... I just don't get around to it as much as I'd like]
Random searching of the web is like having a mid-morning brew ... if you meet up with someone ... it takes longer than you expected.
Blogs - reduced to weekly indulgent Sunday Dinner status [okay I realise it's Friday - but just like a diet ... I'm looking for my next treat]

So that's my procrastination for this week ... and feeling rather smug too, with around 110 pages under my belt ... in the bag ... on the road ... and actually ... on the page ... oh and I lost a stone along the way !

Happy Writing everyone ... Stay focused ... It's amazing how much you can do if you don't answer the phone !

Gillian


No comments:

Post a Comment